Hey Hawkers Fam,
On behalf of our entire team, we’d like to take a moment to say thank you again for your incredible loyalty and support. The past several months have been unlike anything we’ve ever experienced, and our team has been working hard to adjust so we can continue to provide a meaningful experience for you, our team members and our communities.
The health and safety of our guests and team members has always been – and always will be – our top priority. We pride ourselves on holding incredibly high standards for cleanliness, deep cleaning and sanitizing our restaurants continuously as part of our day-to-day business practices. However, as we look to reopen our dining rooms & patios in the safest possible way, we have decided to implement a few additional practices that raise this standard even higher.
We have decided to go beyond CDC, local & state government guidelines, which means things might look a little different at our restaurants for the time being. As we reopen our Florida & Georgia dining rooms at limited capacity on Monday, May 18, we wanted to fill you in on the extra steps we are taking to keep our team – and you – as safe as possible.
- All dining rooms will remain at limited capacity until further notice, regardless of local or state mandate lifts
- All patio seating will observe the 6-foot-distancing rule between tables
- Each of our team members have experienced a thorough re-train and have received official COVID-19 training certification from ServSafe, an accredited training & certification program administered by the U.S. National Restaurant Association
- All team members are required to wear masks at all times
- We have issued new guidelines requiring the safe use of gloves, in accordance with the CDC’s recommendations
- We’ve gone cashless – card & contactless payments are available at all locations
- All team members are screened for fever, cough, shortness of breath & more, before entering the building
- No guests or team members with symptoms will be allowed inside the building or on the patios
- Additional sanitizing & handwashing stations have been added throughout the restaurant for guests & team members
- Team members have been instructed to wash their hands at an even greater frequency (including a minimum of every 30 minutes)
- All menus are disposable at this time; and disposable cutlery & utensils are available upon request
- We will continue to operate on an abbreviated menu in order to ensure team member capacity is limited within the restaurant, in accordance with CDC recommendations
- Plexiglass dividers have been added where necessary to ensure proper distancing
- Social distancing will be enforced at all times within, and outside of, the restaurant
- From 3pm – 4pm each day, our restaurants will ONLY offer takeout & delivery, allowing our team to perform an additional midday deep clean of the restaurant, in addition to the regular cleaning & sanitization happening throughout the day
- We have designated separate doorways for entering & exiting the restaurant, in restaurants where this is possible
While this may seem like a lot of changes, we want to assure you that one thing has not changed – our commitment to providing you with a heartfelt & authentic experience as our family works hard to serve your family. We will continue to keep the safety of our guests, team members and communities top of mind as we navigate this new world.
Thank you for trusting us, and we look forward seeing your smiling faces very soon.
CEO & Co-Founder